Salary: £27,000 - £29,000 p/a
Hours: Monday to Friday. The hours of work are 08:00 and 16:00 (37.5 hours per week) but could change depending on the business needs.
Employment Type: Permanent Contract
Our customer is a large, independent used car dealership based in the South West with multiple sites in the region, employing over 200 staff with up to 3,000 vehicles in stock at any one time and they are currently looking to add a logistics coordinator to their team.
Some information on the Role:
- To organise and manage vehicle movements between the preparation centre and sites.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best rates and transit times.
- You will be responsible for planning, loading, building and routing loads efficiently, ensuring targets are met.
- You must ensure are not only enforcing but also adhering to a strict delivery slot system with both internal and external deliveries.
- Liaise with external delivery partners daily to ensure all deliveries are made on time and performance is measured against agreed targets and in line with the schedule, report any delays to all parties immediately.
- Constant communication by telephone and email to our hauliers in order to provide support and information to ensure successful collection/delivery.
- Resolve delivery issues and delays where possible in real time/timely manner.
- Handle store sales queries via telephone and email, keeping them fully updated on the status of their order movements.
- Maintaining an approved vender list; manage a robust supplier on boarding process to be implemented with the required due diligence
- Working closely with the preparation supervisors to ensure vehicles are complete, moved to holding and ready to be transported without delay
- Conduct delivery debriefs at the end of day to check for missed deliveries or other issues and take corrective action as a team.
- In the absence of the 'Stock Control Manager' be the first point of contact for the logistics department, assist with enquiries and queries, take full responsibility for operational decisions required to deliver a seamless service for internal/external customer.
- Saturday work available but not required
- 31 days holiday including 8 bank holidays
What kind of person we are looking for?:
- Experience within the logistics and transport industry
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is advantageous but not essential
- Be pro-active and able to work under own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident using a computer, as a lot of work will be computer based
- Confident in speaking to all levels of management both internally and externally
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Competitive Annual Leave entitlement (23 + Bank Holidays), increasing with service
- Contribution based Pension Scheme
- Service linked Company Sick Pay
- Paid Compassionate Leave
- Health & Wellbeing support through 'Ben'
- 'High street' Shopping Discount scheme
- In-house discounts on car purchases, servicing & MOT
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme with Specsavers
- 'Refer a Friend/Family' scheme
- Development & progression opportunities