c. £50,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
The role will be responsible for the development and implementation of a regulatory change management process to mitigate the company's risk from new or changing regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing a regulatory change management process including regulatory horizon scanning and tracking , impact assessment on new or changing UK regulations that affects the business, with a focus on the FCA's business plan and regulatory initiatives.
- Coordinating the review of regulatory changes to support the business on regulatory developments and regulatory change implementation.
- Leading on regulatory change implementation projects, where required, in line with the company's wider change management framework.
- Providing compliance guidance to the business regarding any changes in legislation.
- Keeping updated on all regulatory changes applicable to the business from key regulatory stakeholders, such as FCA, ICO and HMRC.
- Coordinating with 1st line business and operational teams to prevent gaps in company policy and procedural framework to mitigate risk associated with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Reporting on regulatory change initiatives and regulatory horizon scanning to relevant company boards and committees.
- Assisting with the development or procurement of training required to the business in relation to regulatory changes, ensuring coordination with Head of T&C and HR functions, where appropriate.
- Assisting with the management of any third-party systems implemented to support the implementation of regulatory change
- At least 5 years of experience of working in compliance, specialising in regulatory change preferred.
- Strong understanding of the FCA Handbook, especially COBS, SYSC.
- Experience with best practice within the financial advisory or wealth management industry.
- Experience reviewing and implementing regulatory change within a financial advisory or wealth management firm.