Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Our well established client have an opportunity for an Analyst role within the Studies and Research team. The role of the Analyst is to provide reports, insight and analysis on market and competitor intelligence for all Lines of Business (LoBs) in Electronics UK. The job also involves support into Divisional strategic development and overall business intelligence.
They are a close knit team of 6 where discussion, team work and collaboration is encouraged. Project types and topics often vary; a competitor insight can take three days where as a market due diligence report can require several months of research. Team members have their own areas of specialisation but are often asked to research areas outside of their usual knowledge base due to the large range of topics we cover.
Position in this function of Electronics UK allows for visibility and exposure to a range of different departments and teams within the Business Unit (BU) as well as the wider group.
Benefits of working for our client include;
* IIP Gold standard – invest in their people
* Award Winning Pension Future Planner
* Lifestyle benefits e.g. flex working and flex days, gym discount, car park, coffee/restaurant subsidised
* Flexible Benefits – chosen by you
* All Employee Incentive Scheme
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Focus on Health and Well-being of employees
Key Responsibility Areas;
* Assembling market and competitor reports as part of the team’s defined remit
* Data analysis in support of our wider team; the Divisional Strategy Team and to Corporate (SCA)
* Participate in Scenario Planning, war-gaming and Black Hat exercises to assess opportunities and threats our client, in wide range of possible futures
* Track market dynamics, technology trends and other macro factors so that we keep a continuous global view of our sector
* Contributing to team development and overall improvement of our market intelligence and competitor analysis outputs.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required;
The Analyst should have the following skills, qualifications and knowledge
* Technical degree (or equivalent) with related work experience in the aerospace and defence domain.
* Business acumen necessary to understand economic, financial and industrial data in order to diagnose business’ strengths and weaknesses.
* Advanced communications skills, with the ability to represent information using a variety of media to audiences at all levels of the business.
* Attention to detail, with the ability to evaluate open source datasets, carry out detailed analysis and create multi-source intelligence products.
* Broad understanding of the Electronics UK product portfolio, key customers, partners and markets.
* Advanced PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel capabilities.
The type of individual we are looking for should
* Be enthusiastic about aerospace and defence, and have a genuine passion for research and investigation
* Be able to demonstrate an understanding of aerospace and defence companies in our markets
* Have the ability to look at large amounts of information in various forms and draw out the impacts, then eloquently present findings.
Additional knowledge that would be useful to have;
* Previous experience of market and competitor research
* Familiarity with their key stakeholders
* Familiarity with external Aerospace & Defence consultants and sources of market information.