Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Anti-Social Behaviour Officer – Temporary 3 Months – Greater Manchester
Your new company
I am currently working with one of the largest housing associations in the North West to recruit an experienced anti-social behaviour officer. On a 3-month temporary contract with the possibility of being extended. The position is currently home based but includes visiting tenants and properties.
Your new role
You will be joining a customer focussed multi-disciplined anti-social behaviour and tenancy enforcement team. This is an opportunity to contribute to the safeguarding and well-being of communities through delivering commitment to tackling anti-social behaviour.
Duties will include:
– Lead and effectively resolve cases of high level Anti-Social Behaviour, harassment and tenancy breaches and take legal action as required.
– Using a range of legal remedies to provide the most effective resolution for customers and the business.
– To prepare all pre-court paper work, and all applications including affidavits and court applications.
– Instigate all court action at the first stage of legal proceedings
– In hearings and pleadings where legal representation is required, liaise with and assist any solicitors and other legal experts appointed, to ensure that all relevant paperwork and documentation, including witness statements, are prepared for court and other hearings.
– Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders within the community safety, statutory and non-statutory sectors so there is a strong multi agency approach to resolving cases.
– Ensure any safeguarding/complaint cases assigned to you are handled inline within the appropriate time frame and subsequent local actions, learning or improvements are implemented.
– Attend liaison meetings, including joint action group meetings, with partner housing associations, police and other external stakeholders to consult and agree action in cases.
– Visit victims, perpetrators and witnesses in cases of Anti-Social Behaviour, nuisance and harassment, to ensure that evidence is collected and witness statements taken to effect the preparation of legal cases.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will need to have experience working within a housing/tenancy enforcement setting.
Knowledge of Housing legislation, tenancy/housing management including ASB, Crime and disorder, compliance and sector best practice.
Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
A 3 month temporary contract with the possibility of being extended.
You will be supported with IT equipment so that you can successfully work from home.
Competitive pay rate
You will have a dedicated specialist social housing consultant who will support you throughout your assignment and will keep you up to date with other exciting job opportunities in the local area
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.