We have a new opportunity for a Childcare and Health & Social Tutor to join our team based in Chesterfield and Derby. You will join us on a part-time permanent basis; 3 days at Derby and 1 day at Chesterfield and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 – £28,000 pro rata.
Juniper is an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our Childcare and Health & Social Tutor you will:
– Deliver BTEC First Certificate in Children’s Care, Learning and Development – Level 2
– Deliver Health and Social Care – Level 2
– Deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
– Deliver English and Maths Functional Skills where appropriate
– Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
– Safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
– JFit – this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
– Health Shields – Cashback on health needs, such as dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions
– EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
– Critical Illness Cover
– Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
– Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Key responsibilities as our Childcare and Health & Social Tutor will be to:
– Deliver excellent engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
– Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC First Certificate in Children’s Care, Learning and Development and Health and Social Care.
– Ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper
– Plan and facilitate engaging schemes of work
– Deliver Maths and English Functional Skills where appropriate
– Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
– Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
– Assess readiness and map units for BTEC portfolio and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
– Conduct and document meaningful student reviews where appropriate
Skills and abilities, we’re looking for in ourChildcare and Health & Social Tutor:
– Experience of delivering Childcare and Health & Social Care up to Level 2
– Experience of working in Childcare Industry
– Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
– Needs min Level 3 Childcare qualification
– Excellent communicator
– Highly motivated
If you would like to join our team as our new Childcare and Health & Social Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!