Morgan Philips Group is an innovative recruitment business with a footprint across 4 continents. In just 5 years, we have built a global platform that disrupts conventional thinking in executive and professional recruiting. We combine high-touch consultancy with worldwide search capability and digital sourcing technologies to help you recruit better, faster and cost effectively.
The Information Manager is responsible for the oversight, management and continual improvement of the Group’s company information, data protection and records management control environments. The Information Manager will need a good awareness and working knowledge of relevant legislation and information governance.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
- Continue to develop and manage the implementation of information governance processes and procedures throughout the organisation, including developing policies, procedures, providing advice & guidance, undertaking information audits, monitoring compliance of destruction of data in accordance with records retention policies and schedules, to ensure that practices comply with relevant legislation and regulations, such as FOISA, EIRS and data protection
- Review and evaluate existing systems, identify and implement improved systems to support effective and efficient records management and good information governance.
- Work closely with the business to ensure records are destroyed or archived in line with the Records Retention Policy and monitor progress.
- Provide guidance to the business on document management best practice and relevant classification processes and controls.
- Lead and guide teams to deliver a move from paper to electronic record-keeping, advising on classification, indexing and taxonomy.
- Manage all FOI and Data Protection enquiries and requests, ensuring that responses are timely, accurate and compliant with company policy and in line with current legislation, with support from our Data Protection Officer.
- Participate in the Data Governance Steering Group (consisting of the Information Manager, Head of Security, Data Protection Officer and Finance Director) to identify and deliver improvements, ensuring legal compliance, identifying Data Owner actions and tracking progress.
- Provide a contact point for colleagues in relation to data protection matters, the management of data breaches, and the Data Protection Impact Assessment process with support from our Data Protection Officer and Head of Security.
- Ensure staff at all levels are aware of their individual responsibilities and provide training to staff who have access or responsibility for processing information
- Ensure that the on-site corporate records store facility is appropriately managed and maintained.
- Maintain a Records Management Plan as prescribed in the Public Records (Scotland) Act 2011.
- Form good working relationships with relevant external bodies.
- Provide ad hoc project support as required.
- Maintain KPI’s in relation to information governance activity performance, providing periodic reports to senior stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong qualifications and / or experience in Information Management and a good understanding of information management, compliance best practice and data protection.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation, including freedom of information, data protection, environmental information and public records (you will be supported by our data protection officer regarding the specifics of such legal requirements)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 including the compliance center
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrably capable of independent working and project management
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills