Your World Healthcare
Your World Healthcare
As well as being a member of the management team, this is a highly technical position requiring advanced programming skills and the ability to develop in-house systems and processes to enhance the delivery of data across the organisation. Working as a key member of the team building data flows to our ICS. This will involve working with the ICS to support the development of population health data, aligning primary and secondary care data. Also develop and consolidate information flows and reporting from a new community service contracted from April 2020.
Temporary: Expected to last 3 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £26 paye inclusive of Holiday pay or £30.00 umbrella per hour
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Provide analytical support to the trust’s directorates and trust-wide projects
- Work as an integral part of Health Information Services, supporting projects that require measurement, such as service capacity planning, performance dashboards and complex data modelling
- Be a subject matter expert for multiple clinical areas
- Supervise departmental processes and provide training and development for team members
- Be involved in the production of performance data for the trust systems and the trust-wide data warehouse
- Responsible for interpreting trust-wide information needs into data requests and translate raw data into written and graphical reports accessible to a wide audience
KEY TASKS & Responsibilities:
- Maintain expertise in NHS data standards, data presentation and measurement trends
- Detailed knowledge of hospital operational processes and data
- Be a subject matter data expert in multiple areas of clinical care and reporting
Analytical and Technical
- Advanced Business Objects and SQL query writing ability
- Advanced skills in discussing customer needs, translating that to information datasets, writing queries, displaying results and adding context
- Plan and execute schemes of work / analysis / service changes that span several service areas
- Design and develop datasets to support NHS developments, such as Key Performance Indicators and central data returns
- Define information requirements of service users and provide facilities to meet those needs including the development of software applications
- Support audits of clinical care
- Building structured datasets and ETL processes
- Be part of a department managing the development of the enterprise-wide data warehouse and business intelligence tools.
- As required work with departmental system leads on the integration of their system’s data into the data warehouse.
- Provide expert advice and support regarding the effective and appropriate use of business intelligence, analytical tools, databases and spread sheets.
- Diagnose complex data problems and inefficiencies, suggesting and providing solutions where possible.
- Develop innovative technical solutions to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental information systems
- As the trust moves towards an EPR (Electronic Patient Record), be part of the team developing data flows to support the migration of trust data and the provision of analytics.
Service improvement and Quality
- Proactively identify, communicate, action and evaluate improvements to external services and within the department
- Be a positive role model within HIS and externally
- Identify future needs within HIS and externally and suggest ways of meeting them
- Analyse data to identify quality issues and work with data quality teams, service managers and operational staff to resolve them.
- Be fully knowledgeable of NHS developments, initiatives and projects. Work with the relevant staff to ensure any resulting information reporting requirements are met
- Provide senior management with information that supports the development of Trust strategy
Communication and Management
- Enable communication, planning and sharing of good practice within the team
- Take on delegated management of resources / processes / staff as appropriate
- Provide training to other team members and verify the accuracy of their work
- Ensure that office procedures and protocols are complied with, particularly around data protection and use of patient-identifiable information
- As part of the senior management team, support the development of junior staff utilising your knowledge of key performance issues within the NHS
- When the Trust plans complex data changes, you will be responsible for communicating and co-ordinating the changes throughout the Trust. This will involve presenting and demonstrating software to both small and large groups.
- Represent the department at Trust meetings to give advice on data quality issues, data definitions and data guidelines, for example, the Operational Data Quality Group, Outpatient Operational Group, and 18 Week RTT Performance Group.
- Present information, in person and in writing, to senior general managers, clinicians and operational staff using appropriate language and presentation techniques
- Work with senior managers, heads of service, ADs and clinical staff alerting them immediately to any performance issues exposed by data analysis
- Deputise as requested for Head of Services or Associate Director of Information and Performance.
- Deputise in any of the roles assigned to other Information Consultants.
- Although the post reports to the Head of Service, work autonomously to achieve set objectives and deliverables of the post.
- Assist the Heads of Service with the assessment of budgetary planning for current and future service developments and staffing.
- Ensure that the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions are applied appropriately.