Infrastructure Engineer permanent opportunity – based in Swindon (some flexible working) – salary up to 40k pa + benefits.
As a member of the IT Team reporting to the IT Manager, The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line helpdesk support as well as project & implementations work across the business. The candidate will become a focal point for escalations from the helpdesk, as well as lead on technical projects and will have a good attention to detail, drive and possess the skills required to communicate at all levels within the business
- Line management of one FTE, 1st line Helpdesk member
- Contribution to the technical roadmap, working with the IT Manager and other business stakeholders to ensure this is aligned with business needs.
- Act as an escalation point for more challenging issues received by the helpdesk, providing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Ensure escalated infrastructure and systems helpdesk queries are processed efficiently in line with business expectations.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for technical resolution and support with implementation.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to the business on an “as and when required” basis.
- Provide and manage documentation of solutions, ensure documentation of resolutions to assist with future fixes.
Experience & Knowledge required –
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment providing 1st-3rd Infrastructure support with some knowledge around application support
- Technical skills to include:
- Microsoft Server
- Microsoft 365 Administration & Migration
- Exchange Online and Exchange 2012
- Demonstratable PowerShell skills
- VMware 4.5-6 **
- HP Networking products
- HP Server, SAN, Desktop & Laptop
- Hands-on knowledge in printer repair, thermal, thermal tape, inkjet and Laser
This role will be based at the Head Office in Swindon with some adhoc remote working available. Salary on offer up to £40k p/a + benefits