I am currently recruiting on behalf of an International law firm embarking on a digital transformation who requite an IT Developer/Software Engineer/Application Developer/
Software Developer to join their team.
The successful IT Developer/Software Engineer/Application Developer/Software Developer will have excellent T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS skills, with experience of developing applications using C#, .Net, MVC and Entity Framework. Experience of user experience design would also be beneficial.
Responsibilities for the IT Developer/Software Engineer/Application Developer/Software Developer;
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology.
Key skills required for the IT Developer/Software Engineer/Application Developer/Software Developer
- Experience of involvement in successful development in a legal or comparable professional services organisation would be beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates could be from a technology supplier by background.
- Strong T-SQL development skills, with SSIS and SSRS experience essential.
- Previous experience developing applications using C#, .Net.
- MVC, Entity Framework experience essential.
- Understanding of the principle of APIs (SOAP and Restful).
- Experience in using TFS or similar Source Control.