About the role:
There is a requirement for an experienced and security-cleared Lead Business Analyst to work on the ICT Opportunities within a specific programme, working to the Programme Manager. This is an essential role providing BA services for the delivery of new (and upgrades to existing) business-critical IT systems. The individual will also be required to manage more junior members of the team and lead the BA function. The lead Business Analyst work with business and other important stakeholders to deliver a robust and rigorous business analysis service to drive and support the successful delivery of both in-house and third-party delivered software and hardware.
The lead Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Lead the BA function
- Work with workstream colleagues to agree scope and plan engagements
- Work with business users to elicit and document business and user requirements.
- Work with technical and security SMEs to define non-functional requirements.
- Ratify requirements with key stakeholders and get their buy in.
- Work with the Test Manager to ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria are fully testable.
- Review solutions and report on their compliance with requirements.
Experience – Essential
- Experience of undertaking requirements gathering for IT delivery projects
- Working with stakeholders who work in complex and specialised areas
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure and to turn-round material changes to meet tight deadlines
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working in a secure Government / Police / CT / NS environment
- The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information up to SECRET, but occasionally higher
- Must hold SC Clearance and be eligible for STRAP clearance.
Experience – Preferred
- Experience of working in projects for Police Forces
- Experience of hardware and software infrastructure delivery projects.
- Experience in mobility and telephony projects.
- Experience of working with complex technologies in high security environments.