Salary £25,000 – £28,000 DOE
37.5 Hours Per Week
The Logistics Controller will have overall responsibility for the day to day running of domestic and worldwide logistics ensuring SLAs are met.
- Previous experience in a Logistics management role
- Experience in import/export controls
- Familiar with the use of SPIRE
- A clear understanding of ECCN and HS Codes
- Familiar with Cisco Networking Products and the Shipment thereof.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritise & organise own work in a busy environment
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Ability to apply initiative to solve problems
- Self-motivated, positive and proactive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable decision making
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Good organisational/planning skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Comply with all shipping regulations and compliance
- Manage Export Licenses and Customs compliance
- Produce shipping invoices for export as required.
- Work with IOR agents as required.
- Keep track of Courier SLA’s including delivery times, transport costs and efficiencies
- Direct, optimise and co-ordinate the Logistics order cycle
- Hold stakeholder relationships with couriers and logistics provider
- Work closely with the business to solution existing and future customer requirements
- Liaise with service providers to improve efficiencies
- Resolve any complaints expediently
- Meet costs, productivity, accuracy and timelines targets
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Maintain good relationships with government agencies as required
- Review invoices to identify mistakes and to strive for continuous improvement
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss