- Fantastic opportunity to work for this North West London SMART Tech Company. Role is Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. Role comes with laptop, mobile, contributory pension scheme, contribution to healthcare, discounted rates for site.
- Experience of designing and managing Enterprise/Service Provider network products and services.
- Be the design authority for North West London site as well as all new network projects withing the plot facing network.
- Line manager responsibility for CompanyProjects, Engineering, QA & Operational teams/processes.
- Member of overall Company technical design authority board
- Ensures quality, suitability, performance and security of all Company technology solutions
- Creation and maintenance of high-quality documentation, diagrams, support processes.
- Ensures Operational capability of the Company Network is maintained at all times including (but not limited to) Patching, Upgrades, Hardware lifecycle management, License management and Network Service maintenance
- Ensure Network project roadmap is clearly defined and feeds into the global strategy for Company Technology.
- Maintain vendor relationships and provide stakeholder level advice on innovation to existing or future products or services that are in line with the Company Technology Strategic roadmap.
- Experience of implementing passive network infrastructure solutions / fibre cabling.
- Undertake additional relevant duties which fall under the general scope of the role, as directed by your Manager, raising any issues with capacity so they can be properly managed;
- Participate in the full year and half year Performance Development Review process as reviewer and reviewee, meeting the standards and timescales required by the Company;
- At all times ensure that your understanding and skill level regarding the Company’s IT systems are up to date, as applicable to your role. Undertake IT training as required to ensure full and proper use of the available technology;
- Work within the Company’s policies and procedures, governance framework and standards, as detailed on the Company’s intranet;
- Remain knowledgeable about Group activities, benefiting from all forms of internal communication provided and acting as a positive ambassador for the Company at all times;
- Use materials and resources effectively and efficiently to minimise waste and consider the impact of potential actions on the environment before taking business decisions.
- Enterprise knowledge of VRF, TCP/IP, GRE, VRRP/HSRP, LACP, RADIUS, SNMP, STP
- Knowledge of BGP, OSPF, RIP and other routing protocols
- Enterprise experience of managing and configuring firewalls, wireless access points, layer 2/layer 3 switches and routers
- Valid CiscoCCNP (Enterprise or Service Provider) or 5 years + equivalent enterprise experience
- Enterprise experience with, RGNets, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia and RuckusWiFi a significant advantage
- Experience in PRTG (Or similar monitoring toolset) is desirable
- Knowledge in MPLS is desirable
- ITIL Foundation (v3/v4) certification is desirable
- Previous work-related experience in OSP and/or ISP fibre detailed design.
- Experience creating high level preliminary route design and facility specifics to manage fielding request instructions
- Perform detailed OSP designs specifically adhering to design standards provided
- Calculate and generate all necessary splicing prints/port assignments and power loss budgets.
- Support the team by participating in the mentoring of other new design team members
- Support design team in generating detailed network drawings in GIS software while supporting ongoing design needs.
- Coordinate with the fielding team on specific site visit schedules and data gathering requirements.