RICHARD JAMES RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS LTD
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil, based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
Working as part of the broader Risk Control team, you will work as Inventory Analyst, and enjoy great exposure across Front, Middle and the Back Office.
- Responsible for managing the reconciliation and verification of the input into the ETRM of the physical movements into and out of inventory for the Oil Business Unit.
- Responsible for ensuring that this is performed in a timely and accurate manner to facilitate efficient and accurate month end reporting.
- Responsible for completing the monthly inventory reconciliations each month.
- Responsible for interfacing with the Trading teams ensuring good quality communications as the entries adjusted by the Inventory Analyst may have a pnl and positions impact as conducted.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Accounts, Settlements and Tax teams are taken into consideration and met to facilitate efficient completion of their activities; this may be through the use of further controls or system developments to be proposed.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree level education, preferably in Accounting/Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering
- Professional qualifications (Accounting, ERM) an advantage.
- Commodities/Derivatives Product Control and/or Financial Control/Internal Audit and/or Accounting.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- A candidate with experience of physical trading an advantage.
- A candidate with experience of working with multiple stakeholders and under tight deadlines an advantage.
- Good level of attention to detail.
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.