Our client based on the outskirts of Huntingdon are one of the UK’s leading IT providers and they are looking to recruit for a Service Support Technician to work on a full time basis
This role will be reporting to the Workshop Supervisor or Senior Engineer, you will be required to fault find and repair a variety of customer and company IT equipment including PCs, Laptop, printer and point of sales systems. Full training will be provided
· Be able to follow procedures and adhere to safety and ESD precautions at all times.
· Be able to demonstrate strong problem solving techniques with the ability to adapt and learn on the job.
· Show ability to work quickly and soundly with minimal supervision.
· Display role model behaviour at all times.
· Comply with all company, department and customer policies and procedures to include attending team meetings and completion of administrative tasks
· Ensure all individual work is completed to the required standard and procedures have been followed at all times.
· Ensure all paper work and system entries are completed accurately and correctly.
· Be able to organise and manage individual workloads and time effectively.
· Liaising with the Workshop Senior Engineer to define priorities, objectives and strategy.
· Maintain, and improve, skills in appropriate technologies through training and personal development.
· Ensure that customers receive the highest level of quality
· Perform any additional duties assigned by management.
· It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
· Demonstrated ability to self-learn
· To demonstrate the values as laid out in the company way and to keep updated with the company way
· To always look for improvement ideas to help the productivity and efficiency of the department
– Ideally have knowledge in PC building – whether for work or as a hobby
– Ideally have break-fix experience
– Have good communication skills both written and verbal
– Have at least an interest or experience within the IT industry
– Be willing to work as part of a close knit team
– Be self motivated and pro active
– Have a good awareness of Health & Safety
Whats on Offer:-
– £10.50 per hour
– A long term role with a view to gaining a long term contract
– Clean and recently refurbished working environment
– Working hours between 8am – 6pm (rota basis between these hours) 37.5 hours per week
– Own locker
– Breakout facilities with pool table, dart board, TV
– Excellent kitchen facilities
– Free on-site parking
– Opportunity to get regular training from courses provided by the company
– After 12 weeks you will receive 25 days holiday + bank holidays
– A strong, stable company with expected growth plans
– Start date will be middle of August
The right person will be required to have clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check once the role has been offered due to the nature of the contract being worked on, Interaction Recruitment will provide this once you are offered the position
For more information or to apply for the role please email .