Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment
Project title: Social Housing Decarbonisation Monitoring Officers (Associate / Freelance / Contractor)
Duration: 3-12 months from January 2022
Capability level: Mid-level
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy, delivering energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise for projects around the world.
We would like to expand our network of independent Monitoring Officers to support social housing decarbonisation projects, which will upgrade a significant amount of the social housing stock currently below EPC C up to that standard, delivering warm, energy-efficient homes, reducing carbon emissions and fuel bills, tackling fuel poverty, and supporting green jobs.
If you’re an independent Monitoring Officer with experience in the built environment, buildings retrofit, building energy efficiency, solar, housing decarbonisation or similar, we would love to hear from you.
As an associate / freelance / contractor Monitoring Officer you will have the opportunity to:
* Ensure successful projects adherence with MoUs and tracking progress of projects against deliverables.
* Monthly progress reporting to client on the progress of the projects. This report template will be developed by the client and scheme administration and agreed by both parties.
* Review the Monthly progress submitted by the Local Authority. Which will include an update on progress, identification of risks or issues, items requiring escalation and forward look ahead.
* Assess milestone claim submissions – quantitative, qualitative, evidential and assurance checks.
* Proactive identification of key risks and issues (including live and emerging risks) using a risk register and escalate to the client via the monthly progress reports and relevant meetings.
Three in-person site visits per project. Standard site visit schedule would be as follows:
* 1x visit at the start of the project, pre-construction works.
* 1x visit during installation works where appropriate.
* 1x visit following all installation works to verify completion of the project.
* Further site visits may be required on projects where necessary, i.e., concern / risk of quality, delivery.
A site visit template will be provided by the client and the visits will be documented to establish, to the degree possible:
* That assets purchased using the grants exist and are being used on the project.
* That work claimed as complete and/or underway is visible; and,
* That independent assessment of the quality of work being undertaken is being carried out, and that independent assessors are truly independent of contractors undertaking the work.
* Completion of the site visit template for each visit and report back to the client.
* Site visit reports are expected to accompany the monthly progress reports as an annex when undertaken and uploaded to relevant SharePoint.
* Monthly progress reporting delivered to agreed timescales.
* Deliver agreed site plan & provide reporting to the client in agreed timescales.
* Assess milestone claim submissions to agreed timescales.
* Provide risks to the client in agreed timescales & activity manage risks to reduce impact throughout the scheme.
* We anticipate one day per month per project and would like each Monitoring Officer to have 5 projects each, with 1.5 days for site visits and reporting.
* The location of the projects are currently not know but will be England and we will try to minimise travel.
Please apply for this project as soon as possible and we look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions please contact
Ricardo Energy & Environment, The Gemini Building, Fermi Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, UK, OX11 0QR